The Burner is possibly the most impressive way of turning around on a windsurf board!
Jose “Gollito” Estredo invented the move which is basically a switch stance Ponch, initiated in the front – to sail, back-winded-position…
Here is Gollito:
A quick recap:
- Sail well powered up and fast on flat water.
- Go switch stance
- Duck the sail, like a duck tack but without turning the board
- Push on the back hand to keep power in the sail
- Throw the sail behind you, towards the water and follow with your body.
- Land and sail out in the opposite direction.