The Kono is the epitome of new skool, explosive freestyle. The moves now seem to be much less about sliding and much more about pop and height!
Here’s Steven Van Broeckhoven::
- Duck the sail but don’t throw it down to the water too much
- Keep power in the sail and go as fast as you can
- Lean forwards over your front arm
- Throw the rig up to take off
- Once in the air, tuck your legs up and sheet your back hand in
- Look behind to rotate
- As you come in to land, keep your front leg bent to hold the nose high.
- Flip the rig and sail away
Photos PWA / John Carter