The Air Funnel is a full power extension of Ricardo’s invention – the whole rotation takes place whilst airborn.
Here is Tonky:
A quick recap:
- Sail very powered on flat water.
- Get in switch stance pointing slightly upwind and duck the sail very fast.
- Take off slightly into the wind, throwing the front hand high in the air
- Follow your front hand with your body around the rotation.
- As you rotate, try to look around, keep the sail sheeted and pull up to stop the board hitting the water too early.
- Hold on!
Photo: PWA / John Carter