The Switch Kono is another crazily explosive freestyle move that is initiated at full speed, back-winded.
- Go fast and get in switch stance.
- Reach far down the boom and duck the sail fast (like a duck tack)
- “Let the sail do its thing” – don’t pull it close or push it away.
- The magic bit: push with your back hand, throwing the sail up.
- When you land, close the sail so that the board falls properly.
- Let go with your back hand and grab the other side of the sail.
- Switch your feet and sail away!
Photos PWA / John Carter