If you’re already comfortable with the basic freestyle moves and looking to learn the top moves like the pros, there’s a number of moves you can look at learning next. Andy ‘Bubble’ Chambers joins Boardseeker to talk you through the Kono, as performed by Steven van Broeckhoven.
- Bear off slightly to get loads of speed
- Head back upwind and bring the sail slightly back
- Pull the sail in to depower it like a small pump and shift it into the wind
- Pull the clew back and behind you and get low
- Start pushing on the sail to load the power up and head upwind
- Push hard on the back hand and lift arms up above head
- Turn head to to spot landing, pull hard on the back hand and tuck legs up
- Land a flip the sail.