There is some good news and some bad news for the speed sailors.
The bad news is that the Tarifa event has been cancelled until further notice and that the Namibia event had to be cancelled due to unforeseeable organizational problems.
But the good news is that they have found a new location to run a new speed event in Ireland, where they will hold the 2008 ISWC Production World Championship.
The event will be hosted at the Dungavan speed strip (52°04\’41N, 7°37\’87W) from 29.11.-06.12.2008. The conditions in that period are usually 20-40 knots, flat water and 12 degree celsius air temperature.
Loads of people are helping out to make this event happen:
– Dungarvan Harbour Sailing Club are giving their facilities over for our use and assisting in whatever way possible.
– Surfdock & Wind and Wave have offered to assist in spot prizes and discounts for prizes.
– DMG Sailsports have offered rescue boat for safety cover.
– GPS Speedsurfing are to run a live ticker on the event online.
– The IWA will assist in whatever way they can.
– Dungarvan Chamber of Commerce and town council want to meet with us to see how we can make this an event that’s good for the town.
We will keep you informed on any more news.
Photo Credit: www.speedworldcup.com