The Tiree Wave Classic gets bigger and better every year and now there is an exciting addition to the event: an adventure race to the neighboring island of Coll.
Read the information below and see if you are up for it (or up TO it).
Three Sports: Running / Windsurfing / Mountain Biking
Competition can be entered as an individual (ie. you do all 3 sports) or a team of 3 where each member does one sport / leg.
1. Running Leg. Course TBC but very likely to be a run along Gott or Crossapol Bay in Tiree approx 2/3 miles long.
2. Rest period (change into windsurf wetsuit).
3. Windsurf Leg: Course TBC & weather dependant but hopefully downwind, long distance slalom in a cruise / sprint / cruise / sprint format.
4. Arrive at Arinagour on Coll.
5. Rest period (change into MTB Kit).
6. MTB Leg: Following 1/2 Marathon route on Coll (approx 11.5miles).
7. Prize Giving BBQ at Coll Hotel 4-5pm approx (www.collhotel.co.uk).
8. Cal Mac ferry back to Tiree at 17.40 for people who want to get back.
9. Coll Hotel Big Tuesday with local bands and fine ale.
10. Overnight accomodation at Hebridean Centre on Coll (4 miles from Coll Hotel.) (www.hebrideancentre.com)
11. Wed morning 7am minibus to Ferry Port for 0840 ferry to Tiree.
12. 08.40 Breakfast on Ferry.
13. 0940 Land on Tiree
Entry is limited and you must Pre-Enter by Friday 3rd Oct via an email to Louise Adam (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone the office 0141 248 6151.
Those coming up JUST for the Coll Challenge (slalom sailors): £50 to enter includes Cal Mac ferry fare, overnight accommodation, BBQ incl some beer, MTB transport to Coll, rescue cover, bottle of event whisky. Those who have already entered the Tiree Wave Classic the entry fee will be £35.
Prize Fund £750
TIREE WAVE CLASSIC COMPETITORS
You are welcome to pre-enter the Coll Challenge. However, if conditions are ‘going off’ with a poor forecast for the rest of the week, the Wave Classic will be run. At this point, you will be refunded your £35 entry fee and be competing all day instead.
However, if the Wave Classic is NOT running on that Tuesday and you go for the Coll Challenge you will be able to stay over on Coll and get the 0840 ferry back in the morning, landing on Tiree at 0940. We will make sure that you have enough time to get your gear and arrive at the correct beach should Wednesday be a competition day. Heats will not start without you – we promise!
We encourage you to bring your own mountain bike, however please speak with Andy Groom if you can’t get one to Tiree (07711 909 077)
Your bike + dry clothes etc need to be handed over to the Event Crew on the evening of Sunday 12th at the Coll Challenge registration in An Talla village hall so they can be taken over to Coll.
REMEMBER YOU MUST PRE-ENTER BY FRIDAY 3rd OCT: email@example.com
Photo Credit: John Carter