Bjorn Dunkerbeck and Karin Jaggi have been elected to enter the Speedsailing Hall of Fame in the Windsurf Category. In a pole of all speed sailors the 2 legends of speed came out on top, with British speedster Dave White finishing close behind Bjorn, having 29,27 percent of the votes.
Several hundred votes were received and the results were pretty tight, only decided during the final few days.
Eligible for voting was the international speedsurfing community, after receiving a shortlisting from the management boards of the International Speed Windsurfing Class (ISWC) and the International Kiteboarding Association (IKA).
Category Windsurfing Men:
1. Bjorn Dunkerbeck, 39.37 percent
2. Dave White, 29.27 percent
3. Finian Maynard, 14.98 percent
4. Erik Beale, 8.71 percent
5. Roddy Lewis, 7.67 percent
Category Windsurfing Women:
1. Karin Jaggi, 40.17 percent
2. Jenna de Rosney, 35.90 percent
3. Britt Dunkerbeck, 13.68 percent
4. Babette Coquelle, 10.26 percent
Category Kiteboarding Men:
1. Sebastien Cattelan, 46.54 percent
2. Alexandre Caizergues, 37.11 percent
3. Olaf Marting, 7.55 percent
4. Manu Taub, 5.03 percent
5. Christophe Prin-Guenon, 3.77 percent
Category Kiteboarding Women:
1. Sjoukje Bredenkamp, 77.58 percent
2. Charlotte Consorti, 16.97 percent
3. Aurelia Herpin, 5.45 percent