Well it’s been an iffy forecast all week BUT… Sunday’s forecast has just improved dramatically:
Yes – you did read that right: it’s SUNSHINE and WIND from the perfect direction! Whatever your standard, you’ll find fun and exciting racing:
– Master Blaster – Beach Start, one gybe – simple!
– Amateur Fleet – great competitive racing
– Pro Fleet – like the Amateur fleet , just sped up a bit and slightly less wobbly gybes
Starboard UK have provided 2 x Serenity for team racing during any light wind spells and the OTC staff are all on hand to assist with any product enquiries and man the demo kit. Don’t forget the Saturday night party, rescued at the eleventh hour by the OTC’s Tris Best after the scheduled band were grounded in Tenerife (thanks Tris!) It’s FREE for all competitors and just £5 for guests.
We hear rumours that the Irish Champion Pearse Geaney is battling through the travel chaos to make it over – so if he can make it, you have no excuse!
Whatever the weather does, we have prizes and trophies to award to all fleets – so there will be racing! Everything is set for a bumper weekend of action on the water – so get yourself down to the Weymouth & Portland Sailing Academy for BSA Round 2!
www.windsurf-bsa.com / www.ukwindsurfing.com
Thanks, have a smashing weekend.
Tushingham Sails Ltd
Tushingham Sails and Starboard UK have teamed up with The Official Test Centre (Weymouth) to bring the long awaited return of slalom racing to Portland Harbour. The event will be based at the UK\’s Olympic sailing venue at the Weymouth & Portland National Sailing Academy, boasting superb facilities and safe, easy launching.
With its position in sticking out into the English channel the location catches the best of any wind that\’s around, whatever the direction and the shelter of Chesil Beach provides stunning flat water for epic speed and slalom conditions in SSW to NW winds.
The weekend-long event will feature:
– Speed slalom and Freeride kit from Tushingham & Starboard on demo
– Expert advice and dedicated weekend-long demo by professional OTC staff
– Taster sessions run by OTC for non-windsurfers (conditions permitting)
– MASTER BLASTER simple, accessible racing for anyone, just one gybe!
– AMATEUR FLEET catering for most competitors with racing experience
– PRO FLEET for the fastest guys and those looking to mix it with the country\’s best!
– Professional photography for all fleets
– Great prizes
– Saturday night PARTY at WPNSA – featuring KORSAK
– Overnight parking at WPNSA at discounted rate