The 2008 Slalom models are the third generation of the Phil McGain and Carbon Art development. They are highly refined racing tools ready to take you to the next level.
Every aspect of these boards, from inside to out, has been refined and tested with some minimal changes. For example, the 3mm tail width reduction on the 58. This has allowed the designers to re-draw the curve around the front foot, so you can keep the hammer on even harder through chop and giving you more grip in the gybes. Carbon Art ensure all designs are smooth and flowing, making small changes such as this, help give it that effortless feel on the water.
The main changes are increased length on the 52 to 62 models, with a new lower rocker and vee pattern to match. This gives us the boards an even lower angle of attack with a smoother ride, increased top end and higher average speeds.
Some of the additional small refinements are:
• Narrower tail and straighter outline curve between your feet resulting in more control, with faster and improved gybing.
• Reduced rail volume for better gybing.
• Refined foot strap position allowing even more weighting.
• Higher modulus carbon resulting in stronger and lighter boards.
• A moulded carbon fin box giving better fin performance.
• The new foot straps are more comfortable resulting in less fatigue.
So far all results coming in have been exceptional with Phil McGain dominating the recent Maui Kanaha slalom series on his 08 models. The customer base is growing by the week, so hurry and get in fast.
MODEL LENGTH* WIDTH* VOLUME
SL52 250 52 87
SL55 250 55 94
SL58 250 58 98
SL62 250 62 103
SL70 245 70 113
SL80 245 80 124
For more info: www.carbonart.co.nz
Photo Credit: Fleur Foote