WINDMEET Le Brusc – 4/5th May
The Windmeet Freestyle Tour’s season is starting hard! After the first event at Rognac in l’étang de Berre, Marseille (13), with more than thirty French riders who will travel from all over the country, the next event will take place in Le Brusc, Six-Fours les plages (83), the new home of freestyle for the south of France (as well as being the official EFPT tour stop at the EFE event last year!). The event will take place at the windsurfing school of La Cahute and here is what’s going down!
So the event will be a couple of weeks after Rognac, the first weekend on the 4/5th May, and the theme – 100 % F R E E S T Y L E.
Just like previous events a lot of top french freestylers will be there, including:
– The Professionals: Antony Ruenes, Julien Mas, Romain Pinocheau, Arthur Pollet and Adrien Bosson (Antoine Albert will not be there because of school and Monsieur Akgazciyan is unsure at the moment..)
– The Amateurs: Kicking off with the Monteynard team (Bastien Rama, Thierry Castillan, etcs…), from Marseille Felipe Minier, Bertrand Guitton, Julien Morel..), Toulouse (the famous Jordan Ema-Otu, Nicolas Tell), Le Brusc locals (Olivier Gouezo, Xavier Frelin, Romain Legouez..) and many more!
The program of the weekend:
If the forecast is good then we can expect a minimum of 15/20 knots!
– Freestyle competition format – Single elimination where the winner of the first heat advances straight to the third round and the losers fight again in the second round to go up, in this way every rider is sailing the maximum number of heats. This format is also known as the repechage format.
– Best tricks competition
If no wind:
– Tow in competition + Tow in Sunset show
– Light wind freestyle
– Stand up paddle races
In addition to the watersports activities there will also be a big party at the windsurf school, La Cahute, on Saturday night.
The windsurf school wants to celebrate the start of 2013 with a big Season Opening Party on the beach; buffet, drinks and special guest star DJ double gee from Marseille!
The week end will culminate with the prize giving for the winners (pro/am) and others prize to win, such as tshirt, sweats and FANATIC caps, a boom a north sail and more!
Organisation on site : Adrien Bosson / firstname.lastname@example.org / 0678101153
SFWO : Fred Bosson / email@example.com / 0681073531
Event Facebook Page : Windmeet Le Brusc
Windmeet Facebook Page: Windmeet
Partners : SFWO / LA CAHUTE WINDSURFSCHOOL / NORTH SAILS / FANATIC / NEXPA SURF SHOPOfficial Program:
• Friday @ 19:00: parking open/welcome riders
Registration: 09:30 – 11:30
First possible start : 12:00
Buffet @ LA CAHUTE’S BEACH PARTY
Competitors briefing: 09:30
First possible start: 10:00
Prize giving @ 16/17:00
Last news for registration on windmeet facebook page!